Wednesday, November 30, 2011

More From Green Mountain

The rugs at Green Mountain were amazing.  As a Rookie Hooker, I have to say that at times I am completely blown away by rugs, and at other times I can get a little intimidated.  As I tell my husband, rug hooking is like 3-D chess - the more you learn, the more you realize you need to learn, and a lot of thought goes into every move.  When Bee Line first acquired the Townsend line, we had a lot of lovely phone calls of encouragement from the rug hooking community.  One call in particular stands out to me yet today, and at the time I wrote down what the caller said and have it taped to my desk.  A woman named Claire called and was talking about our taking over the Townsend cutting equipment, and I said that we know we have big shoes to fill, and here is what Claire told me:

"Comparison is the theif of joy."

Isn't that so true?  And it applies to many things.  So when I feel intimidated by some of the amazing work out there and think, "I'll never be able to make something like that", I think of Claire and her simple but true statement.

With that in mind, here are some of the amazing sights I enjoyed at the Shelburne Museum.


Doesn't it look like Santa's beard?


LeAnn Hodgson of Camp Wool,
one of our terrific distributors, who had an
amazing booth right across from me.


Our booth - not nearly as pretty as LeAnn's!

Marion Brown, who coordinated the vendors and did a terrific job, accepting our thanks!

Double Paisley by Sharon Townsend - look at those cut-outs!


The view driving into the museum...a rug waiting to happen.


Walking around the front corner....

Lisbon Tiles by Cyney Passavant.


Espalier Pear, hooked by Kathleen Bonilla, designed by Beverly Conway.
I love this bluebird!

Lobster Fantasy, designed and hooked by Melina White.

Crocodile Mola by Norma Batastini - it was so colorful!


Runway Flowers, designed by Davey Degraff, hooked by Janice McKnight.

Since I don't want to crash anyone's computer with too many photos, I'll post the rest of them this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment