Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Rest of Green Mountain

Here are the rest of the photos of some of the amazing rugs I saw at the Shelburne Museum in Vermont.  There isn't enough room on my camera to get  all of them on here, so know that the pics below are just a representation of the rugs at the show.

This was part of a larger rug, hooked almost like a patchwork quilt.  I love this "patch", to Hans Jensen.  I believe her name is Dorothy Jensen, but I was so besotted by the love letter that I forgot to take a picture of her name!


I have such a thing for dogs, and then a friend has a Bernese Mountain Dog, so I love this rug.  This is called "Father and Son", hooked and designed by Barbie Beck-Wilczek.

This is called "Feather Hearth Rug", hooked and designed by Kathleen Harwood.  She says the design is inspired by the classic feather quilting pattern used on antique American quilts.

I thought this was a tranquil scene - don't you just want to be there?  This is hooked and designed by Chris Daley of Oshkosh, Wisconsin.

This rug is really interesting in that it has a sculpted element in the blackbird.  It's called "My Favorite Season" and was designed by Joe Luszcz, hooked by Diane Luszcz.   Diane noted that the felted acorns were made by her friend Lynn.

The name on this rug originally caught my eye because we had just sent an order to her the week before the show, but the rug is really outstanding.  It's called "Lincoln Commemorative", and was hooked and designed by Ivi Nelson Collier.  It was a 2009 People's Choice rug, and it's easy to see why.  Not only does it have excellent lettering, which I have tried and know to be tough, but it has that amazing picture of Lincoln hookedin almost as a watermark.  Ivi noted on her card that she likes how "Lincoln stands behind his words." 

More pictures on Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment