Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sauder Village Recap

Just today, I turned in my expense report for Sauder Village Rug Hooking Week, which is a little bit shameful because I left for Archbold, Ohio on Tuesday, August 16.  I gave it to the Bee Line Accounts Payable person, Celeste, and said "But I got it in under a month, right?"  I don't think she was impressed.  SO, it is only fitting that I am posting my recap of Sauder Village Rug Hooking Week a month later as well.  I am nothing if not consistent.

I'm going to post a whole slew of pictures, and I was so overwhelmed by the whole thing that I didn't think to write down the names of the designers and hookers, a definite rookie mistake!  Please accept my apologies for not crediting the artists, and know that I took a picture because I love your work.

The Bee Line - Townsend Booth. 
We were lucky enough to have the picture of Erie Sauder,
which is good luck!  (Or at least that is my story from now on.)

The t-shirts we had for sale.  I need to get these on our website!

With Ruth Weber, of Sheep Thrills, one of our fabulous distributors!


Looking in the front door of the exhibition hall
at these beautiful rugs!


I believe these people were in Jenny Rupp's exhibit.


One of my favorite pieces.  This is definitely one of Jenny Rupp's.


These rugs were in the theme challenge.

This guy was amazing.  His cheeks were so apple-like,
 and the variation in color and pile were terrific.


This clock was so quirky and cute.


More sheep in a pastoral scene.


Love this piece from Nola Heidbreder - she dyed the linen
and hooked in the fish and lilies, so pretty.

I'll post more pictures tomorrow so I don't crash your computer with all of these photos downloading!

No comments:

Post a Comment