Monday, September 12, 2011

It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

Hello all! 

It has been over a month since I blogged, and I am quite remiss in that this rookie hooker has learned a TON in the last month!

I have finished my pumpkin top, but need to sew the back on.  I know another hooker, one of our Bee Line-Townsend cutter customers, who has made a virtual pumpkin patch from the Wicked Wool kit.  Jo Wick is the creater of the fabuloso pumpkins here:

And these:


And my favorite:



Seeing Jo's adorable pumpkins all done is a GREAT motivator for me to get my rear in gear and get hooking!  I have a few episodes of Project Runway to catch up on, so maybe it's time to start the DVR and get some pumpkins on the vine.

I love how Jo personalized these pumpkins with using the sticks as stems.  The pattern from Wicked Wool comes like this:



And your canvas is truly blank, so you can hook it however you like.  I'm going to finish off the backs of my pumpkins (I AM, really!), and try to do a few more, and then I am going to try to put ears on it and make a black cat head.  Beth Kovich at Wicked Wool has a bunch of variations on the pumpkins on her website - http://www.wickedwool.com/ - where you can also purchase the pumpkin kit.

So I'm off to make The Great Pumpkin.  I went to Sauder Village last month and LOVED IT, and I learned so much.  I'll be posting about Sauder and some of the amazing rugs I saw on Wednesday.

Have a great week, hookers!

No comments:

Post a Comment